“I am a little pencil in the hand of a writing God who is sending a love letter to the world.”
– Mother Teresa

Psalms 146:5-10

Blessed are those whose help is the God of Jacob, whose hope is in the LORD their God. He is the Maker of heaven and earth, the sea, and everything in them— he remains faithful forever. He upholds the cause of the oppressed and gives food to the hungry. The LORD sets prisoners free, the LORD gives sight to the blind, the LORD lifts up those who are bowed down, the LORD loves the righteous. The LORD watches over the foreigner and sustains the fatherless and the widow, but he frustrates the ways of the wicked. The LORD reigns forever, your God, O Zion, for all generations. Praise the LORD.

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Lover of My Soul


If you were to ask me what my favorite thing about Gabon is, I might give you a different answer than you would expect. If you know me well, you probably would expect me to say the children I get to spend my days with. It could also be expected for me to say that it’s the friendships built and new and amazing culture that I am in. But the answer I’ll give you is much simpler and yet so much deeper, my favorite thing about Gabon is God.
I really mean it. When I think about the beginnings, ends, and in-betweens of each day one thing hasn’t changed, and that would be the constant crushing love of my Father. I have never felt closer to the Creator of the universe than I have in Gabon. I have never felt as beautiful and strong as I have in Gabon.  I have never seen or understood His voice as clearly or loudly as I have in Gabon. I have never been as pursued or convicted as I have been here in Gabon. I have never felt as loved by Him or in Love with Him as I have been in Gabon. It’s this Love, deep and consuming that has begun to direct my life.  
We all know what it feels like to be unloved, many of us know what it is to be loved, but how few of us know what Love is. How many of us are acknowledging that Love with every breath we inhale and are proclaiming it with word we speak. Do we see the way He romances us or the constant reminders of His passionate love for us? Are we listening just to hear Him say are name, in a way that familiar way that repeats His full knowledge of everything about us? Are we waiting for moments that we have with Him, understanding that it’s only His presence that we desire? Are we looking for Him person that we meet, knowing that He is in everyone and everything? Do we recognize His touch, aware that He is with us even before He announces Himself? Do we know what it is to be loved by and in love with our Creator?
You see, I don’t wake up anymore and wonder whom I can serve, love, or help, instead I simply ask my God to help me be aware of His love. The funny thing is, the more and more I see how deeply He loves me I begin to see His love more clearly; Love that extends beyond me to each and every one of His beloved children, and I become a part of it.
 If you want to love the world, you don’t start there, it’s impossible. Love God, and you will find it not only possible but easy to love each and every one here in this world. This is what God has been teaching me. I don’t need to have endless patience or never-ending self-control; I simply need to let Him declare His love for me because it is all I will ever need.

No comments:

Post a Comment