“I am a little pencil in the hand of a writing God who is sending a love letter to the world.”
– Mother Teresa

Psalms 146:5-10

Blessed are those whose help is the God of Jacob, whose hope is in the LORD their God. He is the Maker of heaven and earth, the sea, and everything in them— he remains faithful forever. He upholds the cause of the oppressed and gives food to the hungry. The LORD sets prisoners free, the LORD gives sight to the blind, the LORD lifts up those who are bowed down, the LORD loves the righteous. The LORD watches over the foreigner and sustains the fatherless and the widow, but he frustrates the ways of the wicked. The LORD reigns forever, your God, O Zion, for all generations. Praise the LORD.

Friday, June 1, 2012

12 Days of Ensenada


     Twelve days ago I arrived in Mexico. I was expecting to stay for only four days but because God is good and knows all things He let me stay for longer. I know that my journey has just begun but already my plans have been changed for the better and I am thankful that my God will always be in control. If you had asked me when I arrived if I wanted to stay in Mexico waiting on entry paperwork to get into Gabon, I would have said “no”. If you had asked me if Mexico was a part of my plans, I would have said “no”. God knows everything though and He blesses us with perfect timing. He knew that I was meant to be in Mexico and it was always a part of His plan. Now if you asked me if I’d stay in Mexico longer, I would say “yes”.  I love that my God knows His plans for me better than I know them myself. He told me that I would share my testimony for His glory across nations, I thought He meant only Africa but I now I’ve shared God’s work in my life in Mexico too. 

      I cannot imagine going to Africa without having met the incredible people that I have gotten to know. They are a part of this journey and I am so grateful that the Lord blessed me with extra time with them. I wish that goodbyes weren’t coming, but I look forward to continuing to hear of God’s work here in Mexico as I go to Gabon and Uganda. Thank you, Clemmers, Rachel, Amanda, Autumn, and Gregg, as well as all of my brothers and sisters in Christ here in Mexico. 
 
     This morning, we woke up to the news that our entry paperwork had come in and that we’d be flying out of Los Angeles early Sunday morning. It was a beautiful and perfect example of God’s faithfulness and provision. Every day I am reminded of how great God is and just how blessed I am that my life is in His hands. I would choose to be anywhere else, because here I am complete. It’s exciting to wake up each morning and see my needs met and to be a part of God’s great plans. I am so thankful and content that I can rely on Him for everything. I know that He has so much more for me than I could ever imagine, just like He sees tomorrow before I even know what today holds. One day, I will get the chance to see Him face to face and on that day I hope that I can tell Him just how thankful I am for all that He has done and blessed me with, because until I see Him on that day I will not have the words to describe His great love. What a beautiful day that will be. But for today, I am glad that He knows my heart because He knows how much Mexico has meant to me and how deep my love for Him is.  I can feel His love for me and know that He will always give me the desires of my heart, before I even know them. I know He has been looking down on me this whole time in Mexico, waiting for me to understand the importance of this part of my journey to Africa. I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment