“I am a little pencil in the hand of a writing God who is sending a love letter to the world.”
– Mother Teresa

Psalms 146:5-10

Blessed are those whose help is the God of Jacob, whose hope is in the LORD their God. He is the Maker of heaven and earth, the sea, and everything in them— he remains faithful forever. He upholds the cause of the oppressed and gives food to the hungry. The LORD sets prisoners free, the LORD gives sight to the blind, the LORD lifts up those who are bowed down, the LORD loves the righteous. The LORD watches over the foreigner and sustains the fatherless and the widow, but he frustrates the ways of the wicked. The LORD reigns forever, your God, O Zion, for all generations. Praise the LORD.

Monday, March 21, 2011

Africa Preparations... the countdown

7 Days Left.
With my trip right around the corner there is a lot on my mind. A lot of stress and pressure about making sure everything is ready, paid for, packed,and well, you name it!
Lets start out with so REALLY good news!
I will finally be getting my Visa (along with my passport back) tomorrow! With all the trouble and delays that came up this is a huge relief to me. Honestly, I was getting concerned if I was going to be able to fly out of the country in a week. Thank you, Lord for taking care of everything!    And thank you, to everyone who has been praying with me about this!

I really would like to say that I'm solely excited about this trip and not worried about anything but that's not true. I am excited, so excited that I can't really put it into words! I feel like something that I have been waiting, longing, and dreaming about is finally coming true. It's happening! RIGHT NOW! But with that excitement come the worries about how everything is going to work out. I know that in the end it will, but when it gets down to the wire it is sometimes really hard to not stress about EVERYTHING! Here are a few of the big worries on my mind. I would love it if you could pray over them and me.

1: Finances.
I'm still short on funds which I have to pay in full for by Wednesday (March 23rd). This whole time I've been trying to just trust that God is going to provide. I haven't wanted to ask for money because I honestly feel that if I have to ask for it I'm not fully trusting God to provide. But today I just feel led to open up about it. Give people the chance to help me out and contribute to what God has planed.

If you would like to contribute to my trip expenses here is the information you'll need. I have an online account with the Christian Missionary Alliance and all you need is my account name (Shannon Lundberg) and my account number (1-47646-49-11).
Go to this link: http://www.cmalliance.org/give/approved-specials.
Once the page loads click designated giving (there is a link in the first paragraph on the page), enter my name and account number. Just a reminder, all my funds must be in by Wednesday (March 23rd) at latest.

2: Gathering and Packing. 
I am still getting together everything for my trip. I guess I never realized how much not only do you use every day but all the things that you need when you are traveling to a different country. Making sure you have everything and you are prepared for anything....well, yes that is stressful!



3: Traveling.
So, as the time approaches I am starting to get a little nervous about fly out of the country by myself. I just have never flown by myself so it's all a little daunting. What if I can't flow the airport signs or something happens with my flights. All the possibilities of everything that could go wrong, yes,  they are all floating around in my head.



4: Dirt and Germs. 
They may seem like they aren't a big deal but they have always bothered me. I can do pretty well with going outside and getting my hands dirty but I then I want to make sure I'm 100% clean. I hate having any dirt on my hands. I hate walking through the mud. So,  being in an environment that I might be uncomfortable with has be a little nervous. I want to be carefree and not to worry about something so insignificant as dirt. I want to be able to do anything and everything while I'm in Africa. I don't want to be held back at all by my dislike of dirt and germs.


I just want to be able to look forward to next week without worrying about this one. I want to be free from all this stress and pressure so I can just be happy and hopeful about what is happening. I want to be expecting to be provided for, expecting for the impossible to happen, and expecting for God to show up in BIG ways!

Thank You!
Shannon




No comments:

Post a Comment