“I am a little pencil in the hand of a writing God who is sending a love letter to the world.”
– Mother Teresa

Psalms 146:5-10

Blessed are those whose help is the God of Jacob, whose hope is in the LORD their God. He is the Maker of heaven and earth, the sea, and everything in them— he remains faithful forever. He upholds the cause of the oppressed and gives food to the hungry. The LORD sets prisoners free, the LORD gives sight to the blind, the LORD lifts up those who are bowed down, the LORD loves the righteous. The LORD watches over the foreigner and sustains the fatherless and the widow, but he frustrates the ways of the wicked. The LORD reigns forever, your God, O Zion, for all generations. Praise the LORD.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Faith of A Mustard Seed

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. -Joshua 1:9


Tonight, I was reminded of the journey I'm on.
Reminded, of how much bigger it is than me.
Reminded, of the strength and boldness that I have.
And reminded, of the type of life I will live and legacy I will leave behind.
Tonight, my fears, anxieties, and doubts were destroyed, through simple words of truth, encouragement, and prayer.

I stopped thinking about the planning, the to-do lists, and the what-ifs and instead considered the planning God has done, the way He has prepared me with everything I need, and the what-will happen. Suddenly, everything that stress had blurred and hidden came back into focus. All the little things and doubts became insignificant. The reality and truth of what God has been doing, is doing, and I can expect to happen became so real. This is SO much bigger than I can imagine or hope for.

6 1/2 weeks is more than enough time to make a difference if God has gone before you and then placed you there. I know God has gone ahead and I know He has brought me here. Therefore, I expect to see the impossible and be part of it. All I need to see mountains move is the faith of a mustard seed, and I pray for more than that!






With God all things are possible.                             
- Matthew 19:26

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I love this, "Tonight, my fears, anxieties, and doubts were destroyed..."

    SO awesome! God has great plans for you. :)

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Anna! Seriously, God has just reminded me of what this is all about and what I should be praying for. Not the small worries but the what He is doing over there.

    ReplyDelete