“I am a little pencil in the hand of a writing God who is sending a love letter to the world.”
– Mother Teresa

Psalms 146:5-10

Blessed are those whose help is the God of Jacob, whose hope is in the LORD their God. He is the Maker of heaven and earth, the sea, and everything in them— he remains faithful forever. He upholds the cause of the oppressed and gives food to the hungry. The LORD sets prisoners free, the LORD gives sight to the blind, the LORD lifts up those who are bowed down, the LORD loves the righteous. The LORD watches over the foreigner and sustains the fatherless and the widow, but he frustrates the ways of the wicked. The LORD reigns forever, your God, O Zion, for all generations. Praise the LORD.

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Gabon, Africa


But it is good for me to draw near to God; I have put my trust in the Lord GOD,
That I may declare all Your works. -Psalm 73:28

Gabon, Africa
March 29th- May 12th 2011 (44 days)



●Over 20 million children have been orphaned by AIDS worldwide.
●88% of people living with HIV, and 92% of AIDS deaths have been in Africa.
●Gabon has a population of more than 1.5 million with a high mortality rate due to HIV/AIDS.

This is a letter to all my friends and family. You have all played such important roles in my life and blessed me in so many ways.  You’ve helped me become who I am today and shaped me for tomorrow. I’d like to give you the oppertunity to continue being a part of that journey as I head to Africa, embarking on a mission very dear to my heart; reaching out to the children all across the world.
                   This is the first step for me and it’s a big one.  I feel like I’ve been waiting to go somewhere for forever but that’s because ever since God’s given me these dreams I have wanted to be living them. My life isn't something I just want to go through focused on what I’m going to accomplish but instead on what I can give to those around me. I want to make a difference but not by what I say or do but through the way I live. I want every second of my life to count, no matter how long I have, where I am, or who I’m with. I want to serve and love the people I am around. I want to give everything that I have, which is so much because I know that this is what I have been called to do.  God has such big plans and dreams and I am honored to be just a small part of one of those missions. Going to Africa on a short term mission trip may not seem that important, but for six weeks it’s everything to me. For now it’s me starting that journey and going, and it’s just the beginning of something big.                                                                                                                                              Libreville, Gabon

I'm going to Libreville which is the capital of Gabon, a republic located in on the western coast of Africa.  I have the privilege of serving with the Envision of the Christian Missionary Alliance (CMA). I'll be living on the Envision base with a  group of the CMA's missionaries. Each day I'll be traveling to the near by House of Hope (run by Envision) for orphaned and abandoned children. This is where I plan to spend most of my time, with these kids.  I'll be teaching them, playing with them, taking them places, but most importantly, just loving them. This really is a chance for me to do what God has called me to do, taking care of and loving His little children. And while today it may only be for six weeks, tomorrow it may be for the rest of my life.
           
I am really looking forward to what the Lord has planned and I need your prayers to help me fully carry out this mission and blessing that I have been given.  You can play a vital part in my ministry through your prayer support.
Prayer Requests:
1. That the Lord will use me as I long to contribute to His work
2. That God will provide for my expenses
3. That I will have safe travel and good health
4. That my team members and I will develop healthy relationships
5. That I won’t be homesick for my friends and family

Thank you so much for your prayers.  If you would like to write to me, I’d enjoy hearing from you.  If you’d like to contribute towards my expenses, make the check payable to Shannon Lundberg.
This is my address for my time in Africa. I'd love to hear from you!
BP 49 Lembamba
Gabon
Africa
I’m trusting that by God’s grace and your prayers, my time and service will be profitable for His glory.
                        In His Service,
                                           Shannon Lundberg

1 comment: