“I am a little pencil in the hand of a writing God who is sending a love letter to the world.”
– Mother Teresa

Psalms 146:5-10

Blessed are those whose help is the God of Jacob, whose hope is in the LORD their God. He is the Maker of heaven and earth, the sea, and everything in them— he remains faithful forever. He upholds the cause of the oppressed and gives food to the hungry. The LORD sets prisoners free, the LORD gives sight to the blind, the LORD lifts up those who are bowed down, the LORD loves the righteous. The LORD watches over the foreigner and sustains the fatherless and the widow, but he frustrates the ways of the wicked. The LORD reigns forever, your God, O Zion, for all generations. Praise the LORD.

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Womens Retreat

I am so encouraged. I spent the day with the women of my church, many of which are close friends.
Together we let our walls downs.
Together we rested.
Together we let ourselves heal.
Together we encouraged one another. 
Together we listened to the voice of our Father.

For me, it was a day of rest and encouragement. I was at peace. I was full of joy. I knew without who I was.
Strong.
Free.
Beautiful.
Loved.
Confident.
Powerful.
Important.
Dangerous.
Alive.

I few days ago while pouring out my heart in prayer and journaling, I asked God for faith. In Matthew 17:20 it says even with a little faith you can move mountains and do the impossible. So, I asked God for more than a little faith. Because, I know that He has more for me than just moving mountains. Today, God told me that He had given me the gift of faith and that I have been faithful.

This morning we were asked what lie was weighing heavily on our hearts, keeping us down for awhile.  Mine was self-doubt. The dreams and call I've been given are so big, sometimes it's hard to see any of that in myself. Throughout the day God just reminded me that I am perfect in the way I created, I perfect in where I've placed, and I'm perfect on my journey because all of this is according to His plan for me.

Later, we were asked what truth God had spoken over us. My truth came from a close friend. God spoke through her to tell me that He was SO proud of me. That blew my mind. God was proud of me and believed in me, I had no reason to doubt.


Today, God told me that I was faithful and that He was proud of me, for my heart and who I am, today.

3 comments:

  1. YEAH! This is AWESOME! I'm so jazzed by how He worked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shannon, I felt as though, in reading your confession, that I was you in earlier years. Yes, He will move the mountains; He is mighty to save and He loves you just where you are. Your choice to ask for more than a little faith and to meet Him where He wants you to be are dynamic moves toward a life lived in the spirit. God is proud of you, my dear, and don't you ever doubt it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. --Thanks Mimi! I am pretty jazzed too! I just feel blessed that God wanted to make sure I knew how much He cares for me and that He is proud of me before I leave. We have such an amazing God!

    --Thanks, for the encouragement, Martha!

    ReplyDelete