“I am a little pencil in the hand of a writing God who is sending a love letter to the world.”
– Mother Teresa

Psalms 146:5-10

Blessed are those whose help is the God of Jacob, whose hope is in the LORD their God. He is the Maker of heaven and earth, the sea, and everything in them— he remains faithful forever. He upholds the cause of the oppressed and gives food to the hungry. The LORD sets prisoners free, the LORD gives sight to the blind, the LORD lifts up those who are bowed down, the LORD loves the righteous. The LORD watches over the foreigner and sustains the fatherless and the widow, but he frustrates the ways of the wicked. The LORD reigns forever, your God, O Zion, for all generations. Praise the LORD.

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Faithful Is He Who Calls You

Psalm 89:1
I will sing of the lovingkindness of the Lord forever;
To all generations I will make known Your faithfulness with my mouth.

Isaiah 25:1
O Lord, You are my God; I will exalt You, I will give thanks to Your name; For You have worked wonders, Plans formed long ago, with perfect faithfulness.

1 Thessalonians 5:24 
Faithful is He who calls you, and He also will bring it to pass.

     Every day I am reminded of how great and faithful God is. You'd think that I'd be used to God's faithfulness by now, but I don't think I'll ever be anything but amazed by it. It isn't that I don't expect God to be faithful, I do, but His faithfulness is so much more perfect, deeper, and farther reaching than I could ever begin to understand. He makes a way for me, always, and I never have to worry about tomorrow.

     In two weeks I'll be saying goodbye to Redding, goodbye to those I love, and goodbye to the life that I've had. I still have way to much to get done, way to many goodbyes to say, but I am ready for this adventure to begin! I am so close to everything that God has promised that I barely can contain my excitement and joy, this is really happening!!! I have my tickets, my visas are coming, and I know everything is going to work out.

     I am really close to being where I need to be financially when I leave, I just need about $600 more before I go and people who are willing to commit to support me monthly while I'm in Africa. A big "thank you" to everyone who has supported me thus far, I am so thankful for your generosity and excited for you to be a part of my journey in Africa!


Monthly Support
- I need a minimum of $700 a month to cover my expenses in Uganda.

-This looks like 35 people supporting me at $20, 14 people supporting me at $50, 7 people supporting me at $100, or any mixture of these.

-Donations can be made on the Stirring’s website (Stirring public donation ) or placed in the offering, but must be made by the 1st of every month.

-Monthly commitment will last the 22 months I am in Africa (May 2012-March 2014).

-Please, send me an email at shannonlundberg@yahoo.com to let me know of your commitment and so that I can add you to my weekly update list.



For the Children

     I am also planning on taking a few things for the children at the Hope House in Gabon and those I meet in Uganda. If you'd like to be a part of that check out the list below and email me at shannonlundberg@yahoo.com .
Basic First Aid Supplies:
Band-Aids, butterfly Band-Aids, gauze, tape,  ace bandages, etc.….

Clothes:
Boys: t-shirts, pants, shorts, belts, underwear (ages 4-16)
Girls: t-shirts, skirts, pants, dresses, underwear (ages 3-16)

Other gifts:
Colored pencils, coloring books, notebooks (mini ones), pencils, pencil sharpeners, geometry sets, balls (gumball sized), stickers, bracelets and necklaces (for girls), toy cars (for boys), Bible story picture books (English or French), small stuffed animals or beanie babies.


     Thank you, again for supporting me and sending me to Africa! Remember, I leave in two weeks, if you want to see me before I leave, let me know!!


No comments:

Post a Comment