“I am a little pencil in the hand of a writing God who is sending a love letter to the world.”
– Mother Teresa

Psalms 146:5-10

Blessed are those whose help is the God of Jacob, whose hope is in the LORD their God. He is the Maker of heaven and earth, the sea, and everything in them— he remains faithful forever. He upholds the cause of the oppressed and gives food to the hungry. The LORD sets prisoners free, the LORD gives sight to the blind, the LORD lifts up those who are bowed down, the LORD loves the righteous. The LORD watches over the foreigner and sustains the fatherless and the widow, but he frustrates the ways of the wicked. The LORD reigns forever, your God, O Zion, for all generations. Praise the LORD.

Friday, May 18, 2012

Peace Which Transcends All Understanding


These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world.” 
-John 16:33
 
I leave really early Monday morning. I don’t have either of my visas or my passport back yet. I know one was sent today, the other I don’t know if it’s even coming. By the world’s standards I should be worried, possibly even freaking out right now, but I’m different. I don’t live by the worlds expectations and I don’t have any reason to worry. I have never been in control of my journey to Africa and of that I am glad. I trust God with my life, I trust how He is working, and I trust His plans for me. I’ve asked that He would use me to show others who He is, and every time He does something that seems impossible, He is visible in my life. 
I don’t want my life to be easy, if it was I could get through it on my own and that is something that I never want to be able to do. I want to depend on God for everything and in every situation. I don’t ever have to worry about today, because He will give me everything that I need. I don’t have to worry about tomorrow because when that day comes He will take care of it as well. The truth is, I’m not worried. I have a faithful Father and I know that He will take care of me. Do I hope that I receive my passport and visa tomorrow, yes, will I still trust Him tomorrow if it doesn’t, yes. You see I know that my understanding and idea of timing are based on what I see (very little…in fact it’s based solely on me), and I know that God understands everything and has perfect timing based on what He sees (everything…and everyone). I know that His plans are the right ones, and if it turns out that He has a different way to get there for me, that’s okay with me. I know that I am going to Africa now and if I have to change a couple flights or wait a week longer that’s okay, I know that I will arrive exactly where and when I need to. 
I can’t wait to see how God uses these next couple of days! I have been filled with SO much peace and joy for what is happening and what is coming! I am so thankful that He is faithful and blesses us with peace beyond what we can understand. He is so good and worthy to be praised! 

The Lord will give strength to His people; The Lord will bless His people with peace
-Psalm 29:11

“Be Safe”

“I’m be praying for God to keep you safe”

“I’m praying for your safety”

These are the words that I have heard often in the past few weeks. I’ve smiled and generally not said anything, because what do you say to that, what do you say when you don’t want a life of “safety”. People mean well, and usually they are coming from a place of genuinely caring about you, but why would we wish that someone was “kept safe”. Truth be told, I don’t want to ever live my life in safety! We are not called to be safe; we are called to a life with Christ and a life after His own. If you know the story of Jesus Christ, His life was anything but safe. Some have been praying that God will keep me safe, I’ve been praying to be taken out of safety and into the war zone, into the places that others are afraid to go. I’ve been praying that I might live a dangerous life for Christ, one that is full of His purpose. I want to be sent to those who are desperate for hope; to those who are waiting for someone, and these places are not usually safe. God’s plan is for all nations and all people to know Him, how could prioritize my safety over His great plan? I am not going to Africa to be safe; I’m going so that others might learn of His name and great love for them. I know that He has placed His hand of protections over me, and with that I would go to the ends of the earth if He asked. I want to live differently; I want a life that depends solely on Him, not on me taking care of myself.  So, I ask that instead of praying for my safety, you would pray boldness over me, that I would follow wherever the Lord leads.

And the work of righteousness will be peace, And the service of righteousness, quietness and confidence forever. 
-Isaiah 32:17

And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 
-Philippians 4:7

No comments:

Post a Comment