“I am a little pencil in the hand of a writing God who is sending a love letter to the world.”
– Mother Teresa

Psalms 146:5-10

Blessed are those whose help is the God of Jacob, whose hope is in the LORD their God. He is the Maker of heaven and earth, the sea, and everything in them— he remains faithful forever. He upholds the cause of the oppressed and gives food to the hungry. The LORD sets prisoners free, the LORD gives sight to the blind, the LORD lifts up those who are bowed down, the LORD loves the righteous. The LORD watches over the foreigner and sustains the fatherless and the widow, but he frustrates the ways of the wicked. The LORD reigns forever, your God, O Zion, for all generations. Praise the LORD.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Waiting on God....

This entire process of getting to Africa has all been based on God's faithfulness. Each and every need He has met. He has lead the way and blessed me through everything. So, far it's been pretty easy to trust God with everything including complete control over this trip and my life. And through this time I've prayed some pretty dangerous prayers, asking that He would not even consider my plans but instead use me exactly how He where He wants me.

I left for Mexico on Monday, still awaiting my visa for Gabon. I knew that I could trust the Lord with all the details and that He would work things out for me. He has been so faithful this entire time and I had no reason to doubt Him. But as I left I had a feeling that His plans for me looked a little different than I what I thought my future held. I was fully confident that I could have my visa by Wednesday, after all He and I had just been through this with my Uganda visa, but just felt like I should let all my expectations go. That He would get me to wherever I need to be, but that it might not be the exact timing that I had previously thought. It just seemed as if there was something going on that I couldn't understand but that He knew about.

In training in Ensenada there are 8 of us going to Gabon, all of us have been in the same boat....waiting. This morning came, and we received the final work that our visas had not come through and that we would all be staying at the Ensenada site until they came through. No one really knows how long this will take, but probably about a week or two. We had a chance to talk this morning after our morning session, and I can say that I am so thankful to be on this amazing team of women. These next days in Ensenada are going to stretch each of us, but we are here together by God's planning and I can't wait to see how close we grow to each other and the Lord during this time.

I'd like to ask for prayer over our whole team, that any discouragement and fear would be replaced by joy and peace. That we may all come to lean on the Lord for our strength and direction during this time and that we might know we are exactly where we are meant to be. Also, that we can support and encourage each other, not being afraid to be vulnerable with each other.

Thank you for your prayers!
Shannon

1 comment:

  1. You're not alone in this! You've been placed with 7 other amazing people and you've got people around the world fighting and praying for you. I love these stories....they end up being the best lessons learned as well as some of the best stories to share. In the moment they kinda suck, but as a person standing outside of this-know I'm praying for you and I'm super excited to see what's gonna happen. Because God loves to surprise us..it's just his way.
    ~Sarah

    ReplyDelete