“I am a little pencil in the hand of a writing God who is sending a love letter to the world.”
– Mother Teresa

Psalms 146:5-10

Blessed are those whose help is the God of Jacob, whose hope is in the LORD their God. He is the Maker of heaven and earth, the sea, and everything in them— he remains faithful forever. He upholds the cause of the oppressed and gives food to the hungry. The LORD sets prisoners free, the LORD gives sight to the blind, the LORD lifts up those who are bowed down, the LORD loves the righteous. The LORD watches over the foreigner and sustains the fatherless and the widow, but he frustrates the ways of the wicked. The LORD reigns forever, your God, O Zion, for all generations. Praise the LORD.

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Love Notes







I believe that God leaves us little notes, love notes per-say to remind us that He loves us. It’s the small things that make you feel loved, valued, and cared about. For me, it’s often the small prayers I say, ones that really have no importance in them that show me just how much God is paying attention to me and how well he knows me. So often He answers me even when it’s only a simple request of something I’d like, but could do very well without. It’s clear that He is answering me not because I need Him to, but because He wants me to know how much He loves me. 

                When I say a prayer asking for warm water, I always have hot water to shower in. Definitely something I don’t need. I can shower with cold water; I do it all the time. But on those days that I’m tired and seeking a little comfort, knowing that God has given me warm water is more than enough.

           
       Sometimes, when we boil our drinking water it doesn’t taste good. It’s clean and drinkable but tastes bad. There are times that I can only drink so much sour water with bugs and lots of other things floating in it. I really just want clean and refreshing water. This just happened the other night. I was so thirsty but I couldn’t bring myself to drink anymore of that unpleasant tasting water. I didn’t want to have to buy water the next day, so I said a prayer just asking God that the new water we boiled would taste better. Obviously, not something I need, and it was something that I felt kind of funny asking for. I man I have clean water to drink here and I was asking for water that tasted good too. So, the next morning when I went to fill up my water bottle not only did the water taste good but it was ice cold. I absolutely love cold water.  It blew my mind that once again God heard me and decided to bless me in a way that would let me know that He was thinking of me.



There are so many other ways that my God is always surprising me, leaving me little signs and reminding me of how much He cares for and loves me. He knows all of those small things that bring me joy and make me feel so loved, and He loves to proclaim His love for me.

 


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this shannon. Your faith reminded me of his love tonight...sometimes it's easy to forget he always here watching us, caring for us, providing for us.

    ReplyDelete