“I am a little pencil in the hand of a writing God who is sending a love letter to the world.”
– Mother Teresa

Psalms 146:5-10

Blessed are those whose help is the God of Jacob, whose hope is in the LORD their God. He is the Maker of heaven and earth, the sea, and everything in them— he remains faithful forever. He upholds the cause of the oppressed and gives food to the hungry. The LORD sets prisoners free, the LORD gives sight to the blind, the LORD lifts up those who are bowed down, the LORD loves the righteous. The LORD watches over the foreigner and sustains the fatherless and the widow, but he frustrates the ways of the wicked. The LORD reigns forever, your God, O Zion, for all generations. Praise the LORD.

Friday, March 23, 2012

Seeing Jesus



O Jesus- You who suffer, grant that, today and every day,
I may be able to see you in the person of your sick ones and that,
by offering them my care, I may serve you. 
Grant that, even if you are hidden under unattractive disguise of anger, 
crime, or of madness, I may recognize you and say, 
"Jesus, you who suffer, how sweet it is to serve you." 
Give me, Lord, this vision of faith, and my work will never be monotonous, 
I will find joy in harboring whims and desire of all the poor who suffer. 
Dear sick one, you are still more beloved to me because you represent Christ. 
What a privilege I am granted in being able to take care of you! 
O God, since you are Jesus how suffers, 
deign to be for me also a Jesus who is patient, indulgent with my faults,
who looks only at my intentions, which are to love you 
and to serve you in the person of each of these children of yours who suffer. 
Lord, increase my faith. Bless my efforts and my work, now and forever.
Mother Teresa

    It's easy to look around and see that things could be better, but sometimes you
don't realize that things are better for you.  If you can't look at your life and
see all that God has done and it good, then what type of life are you living? 
Often times all we see is; what is going wrong, what should be happening, 
or what we think needs to change. But do we take the time to see what is truly 
happening and going on around us? Do we know the people who we are calling 
the problem or blaming? Can we see the beauty in the darkness? Because without 
seeing things and people as they are, how can we hope to understand what beauty 
looks like. If our primary goal is to fix people instead of knowing them, then we will 
never understand what God's plan is for the world or see what is beautiful.
 
I am so glad that I don't have to worry about fixing anything, because honestly,
I don't think that I would be any good at it. Life isn't about fixing things though,
it's about discovering who you are and being confident that you are needed here. 
It's about the journey that one goes takes, the trip. It's about the people who you 
walk alongside. It's about forgiving and letting go of the things that don't matter, 
so that you can hold onto and go after the things that do. It's about discovering 
that you are not alone and that you you were never meant to live that way. It's about 
realizing that you can make a difference in someone's life just by supporting them 
and being there for them. It's about understanding that a person longs to be; loved, 
accepted, and to belong, and choosing to love, accept, and give belonging to each 
person you meet. It's not just meeting someone's physical needs but helping them 
meet all their needs. This is why it's so important for each one of us to know who we 
are. We are the ones who are meant to go. We are the ones meant to love. We are the 
ones meant to walk alongside the world. God isn't just calling a few to be His hands
and feet, He has  commanded all of us to go and bring His love to the world. Are you
living out His heart for the nations? Because His plan is bringing justice and 
redemption to the whole earth. Can you hear His heart beating for His people?
Will you answer?

31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.
   34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’
   37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’
   40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’  Matthew 25:31-40
 

No comments:

Post a Comment