“I am a little pencil in the hand of a writing God who is sending a love letter to the world.”
– Mother Teresa

Psalms 146:5-10

Blessed are those whose help is the God of Jacob, whose hope is in the LORD their God. He is the Maker of heaven and earth, the sea, and everything in them— he remains faithful forever. He upholds the cause of the oppressed and gives food to the hungry. The LORD sets prisoners free, the LORD gives sight to the blind, the LORD lifts up those who are bowed down, the LORD loves the righteous. The LORD watches over the foreigner and sustains the fatherless and the widow, but he frustrates the ways of the wicked. The LORD reigns forever, your God, O Zion, for all generations. Praise the LORD.

Monday, May 23, 2011

Some Thoughts...

 For in hope we have been saved, but hope that is seen is not hope; for who hopes for what he already sees?
 But if we hope for what we do not see, with perseverance we wait eagerly for it.
-Romans 8:24-25


There is so much that I wish I could change, about world, how people think, how we live, but really I can only change those things in me. I can choose to give and do everything I can to make the world a better place; a place without hunger, sickness, death, and judgement, but love, hope, compassion, and generosity. It's not easy to live in a third world country, but I've found that it's even harder to come back from one. I've been home for ten days and each day it has only gotten harder to justify how we live, and how I live. When I go to sleep at night I know that I've wasted another day and wish that I could change that. It's not enough for me to just go through life being nice to and helping people. My life is supposed be SO much more than that. I want to fully give myself again to serving people who others overlook, to making someone smile who has been mistreated and abused, and to encourage and bring hope to those who have nothing else to live on. I want to make a difference and be part of something bigger here just like I was in Africa. Yes, I really, really, miss Africa; the work, the people, and the Hope House children, but it didn't end there. And like what I was doing in Africa didn't stop neither do I want what God is doing in and through me to stop. It is harder here to live every moment with purpose but I feel like if you can, you bless SO many people. I want use everything that I've learned through struggles and blessings and fight with all the strength that I've gained. I will continue to serve, love, and support what I was a part in Africa. In fact, God has already given me so many dreams of what He can do with me here in America for them. But it's not just about Africa anymore, I back here and I know God wants to use me where I am as well. I want to serve, love, and support my community as well. Because, looking around the brokenhearted, hopeless, and abused people are everywhere. I want this year to be everything that God can make it, and I know that is so much. So, while I'll look back on my trip with a little sadness knowing it's over, I am looking forward with so much joy and excitement! Because, nothing is really over, it's all just beginning! And as I remember a few of my favorite passages from the Bible I know nothing can stop what God is going to do, for I am called according to His purpose and nothing can stand against Him (Romans 8:28&31).


 



Before, I ended this blog I wanted to share a few of my favorite pictures of my time at Hope House and of the precious children. 







 








 I also want to encourage and ask you to help by supporting them. Because they are not supported by the government the only think that keeps the Hope House going and gives all the children a home is the generosity and support is us, their christian family. I'd would love to give you to all the opportunity to be a part of what they are doing at Hope House, because God is certainly there!

If you'd like to donate, this a link through the Christian Missionary Alliance's online giving to the Hope House. Thank you all!!

Love,
Shannon

1 comment: