“I am a little pencil in the hand of a writing God who is sending a love letter to the world.”
– Mother Teresa

Psalms 146:5-10

Blessed are those whose help is the God of Jacob, whose hope is in the LORD their God. He is the Maker of heaven and earth, the sea, and everything in them— he remains faithful forever. He upholds the cause of the oppressed and gives food to the hungry. The LORD sets prisoners free, the LORD gives sight to the blind, the LORD lifts up those who are bowed down, the LORD loves the righteous. The LORD watches over the foreigner and sustains the fatherless and the widow, but he frustrates the ways of the wicked. The LORD reigns forever, your God, O Zion, for all generations. Praise the LORD.

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Day 11


I accidentally skipped yesterday, totally slipped my mind. However, it's a new day and so I'm moving on. Today, I am very thankful for the color purple.

I love and miss you, Grandma!
Purple means royalty. It means passion. It means wisdom. It means friendship. Wow, each of things are so important. So, when I wear purple (which I almost always wear something purple) it's more than just a color to me. It reminds me of different things that matter. To me purple also stands for someone who greatly influenced my life, my grandma. She loved the color purple more than anyone I've ever met, everything she wore was purple. From her earrings to her shoes and everything in between. She was someone who I truly respected and looked up to, and someone who believed in me way more than I ever believed in myself. And every time I see something that is purple I'm reminded of how much she loved me.  Purple more is than a color, it symbolizes some of the things that matter most to me. And it always brings a smile to my face, knowing how much love can be in one color.

No comments:

Post a Comment