“I am a little pencil in the hand of a writing God who is sending a love letter to the world.”
– Mother Teresa

Psalms 146:5-10

Blessed are those whose help is the God of Jacob, whose hope is in the LORD their God. He is the Maker of heaven and earth, the sea, and everything in them— he remains faithful forever. He upholds the cause of the oppressed and gives food to the hungry. The LORD sets prisoners free, the LORD gives sight to the blind, the LORD lifts up those who are bowed down, the LORD loves the righteous. The LORD watches over the foreigner and sustains the fatherless and the widow, but he frustrates the ways of the wicked. The LORD reigns forever, your God, O Zion, for all generations. Praise the LORD.

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Day 5 and 6:

I took the last two days off from the computer and didn't have a chance to post what I was thankful for. So, I though I'd add them now:)

Day 5:
Today, I am so very thankful for water. With it's coolness and refreshing taste. It's ever quenching ways. It is something that we take so forgranted because we can just turn on the faucet or grab a new bottle, when in reality it is something really precious. For so many people water is not something that means ease and comfort, and it isn't something that they always have. It's not pure and clear or cool and refreshing. It's something that requires work to get, it's something that they often go without. It's valuable to them. But to us water something we don't even think about. It's something we waste. Today, I am so very thankful for water. It's a gift and it really is precious.


Day 6:

Thank you, God for the sun! I love the sun. It's heat and cheeriness. It often can make me smile just by seeing it. Or close my eyes in peacefulness when I feel it's rays on my skin. When the sun is shining things always seem less scary or dark and the future looks a little brighter. The warmth brings a feeling joy and freedom. Maybe, I'm one of the only ones here in Redding who looks forward to the intense summer heat, but I do. When the sun isn't shining I'm often a little gloomy or lazy because don't really want to be outside and I strongly dislike being cold. So, today I am thankful for the sun, and how brightly and often it shines here:)

No comments:

Post a Comment