“I am a little pencil in the hand of a writing God who is sending a love letter to the world.”
– Mother Teresa

Psalms 146:5-10

Blessed are those whose help is the God of Jacob, whose hope is in the LORD their God. He is the Maker of heaven and earth, the sea, and everything in them— he remains faithful forever. He upholds the cause of the oppressed and gives food to the hungry. The LORD sets prisoners free, the LORD gives sight to the blind, the LORD lifts up those who are bowed down, the LORD loves the righteous. The LORD watches over the foreigner and sustains the fatherless and the widow, but he frustrates the ways of the wicked. The LORD reigns forever, your God, O Zion, for all generations. Praise the LORD.

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Day 2

So, everyday from now till Thanksgiving I'll be writing about something that I'm thankful for in my life. Today it's books.

Being thankful for books might sounds like something rather unimportant but to me books easily shaped my childhood and still continue to do so. I love reading. It's something that I can always do no matter what mood I'm in. Often it takes me out of this world and into another; it takes me out of the now and into a reality somewhere far away. You become someone different and experience all sorts of things you could never hope to in your own life. You find you've become someone completely different, with different strengths and weaknesses. You set out on a journey and always reach the end. Within a book your imagination runs wild, exploring the boundaries of the pages. Whatever type of book: history, adventure, romance, fantasy, mystery, inspirational,  or biography you always learn something. It might be about yourself. It might be about the world. It might be about how people think. It might be about the past. It might be something worth fighting for. It might be something you will never forget. So, today I am thankful for the (probably thousands) of books I've read and the rest that I haven't yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment