“I am a little pencil in the hand of a writing God who is sending a love letter to the world.”
– Mother Teresa

Psalms 146:5-10

Blessed are those whose help is the God of Jacob, whose hope is in the LORD their God. He is the Maker of heaven and earth, the sea, and everything in them— he remains faithful forever. He upholds the cause of the oppressed and gives food to the hungry. The LORD sets prisoners free, the LORD gives sight to the blind, the LORD lifts up those who are bowed down, the LORD loves the righteous. The LORD watches over the foreigner and sustains the fatherless and the widow, but he frustrates the ways of the wicked. The LORD reigns forever, your God, O Zion, for all generations. Praise the LORD.

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Day 7

So, it's a Sunday. Which means there are several things I am thankful for.

1: The amazing and loving God and Father that I have.

2: The wonderful church I am part of.

3: The leaders and encouragers, the friends and family that I get to spend my life with.





4: And all the precious children that I get to spend time with, teach, and love on. They mean so much to me and I am so thankful for each and every one of them. So,  today I am especially thankful for my kids:)

 I am so blessed to have been given such an amazing dream to live out and live for. Something that is so very worth fighting for and so very worth my life. In the past I've wondered why I've been given such a wonderful but huge job. After all who am I that I should be the one to reach out to these special ones. But I've asked for God's heart and this is what and who I've seen. And my heart burns for them. I see a child and I know not only is God good and powerful but that He is beauty and love, hope and trust, faith and loyalty. Because, each of these is placed deep within His children, and when I look at a child I see it, I see them, I see Him. I see them and I wonder why we keep searching for more, because we already have everything. When a child smiles they light the world up with their pure joy and happiness. We so need our smiles to reflect that of a child's. They don't ask for a lot, just a little love and some time. The smallest things give them limitless joy. They dream so big and aren't ashamed of their dreams. They aren't afraid of who they are and what they want. Because they can do anything. They are so forgiving. The way the love and share, admire and give, it puts us all to shame. I can't imagine the world or my life without children. Because, they mean so much to me. When I can bring a smile to a child's face, make them laugh, help them accomplish something, encourage and build them up, help them dream, then I know why I am here and what I'm doing. I am so thankful, for my kids. All of the precious children that are in my life and whom I get to spend time with. So, very thankful for each and every one of them.


No comments:

Post a Comment