“I am a little pencil in the hand of a writing God who is sending a love letter to the world.”
– Mother Teresa

Psalms 146:5-10

Blessed are those whose help is the God of Jacob, whose hope is in the LORD their God. He is the Maker of heaven and earth, the sea, and everything in them— he remains faithful forever. He upholds the cause of the oppressed and gives food to the hungry. The LORD sets prisoners free, the LORD gives sight to the blind, the LORD lifts up those who are bowed down, the LORD loves the righteous. The LORD watches over the foreigner and sustains the fatherless and the widow, but he frustrates the ways of the wicked. The LORD reigns forever, your God, O Zion, for all generations. Praise the LORD.

Monday, November 8, 2010

Gratitude Challenge: Day 1

So, I'm starting the blog that I've been planning on starting for awhile now. And I thought that starting with this gratitude challenge sounded like the perfect way to get started. So, from now until Thanksgiving each day I will post one thing I am thankful for. Here it goes.

Today, I am thankful for encouragement. I'm not really sure how I would get through my life if I wasn't constantly surrounded by and filled with encouragement. Yes, there are some days when I feel like I own the world and could do anything that I wanted. That nothing could ever stop me from reaching all of my heart's desires. Those are the days when my life seems weightless and free from all bonds. I feel empowered and motivated to face life head on. But those days are few compared to the rest. Which leaves me in a place of doubt and questioning on the others. And on days that I find myself questioning myself, my life, the future, I find that courage is often given to you. It comes in many different ways, through nature, through music, through words, through people. I love stepping outside and breathing in the scent of the fresh rain, to close my eyes and feel the gentle touch of the breeze across my face, or to gaze upon the sunset's colorful painting. Often times I'm inspired by music and melodies, the notes vibrating though me. Other times I'll read something written by a someone I don't know but could swear they were writing just to me. Every day  I am blessed by encouragement from the people in my life. People that know me, my heart, my passions and hopes, my life, my fears and doubts, my weaknesses and challenges, my dreams and convictions. These people often see something that I don't, a small good in the midst of everything. And by taking the time to share what they see encourage me and give me courage. Having that courage gives you freedom and power to live your life the way you want to. It strengthens your trust in yourself and who you are. Lets you know that you're doing okay. Makes you want to raise your goals, try even harder, and worry less about what doesn't matter. I have so much encouragement in my life, and so many encouragers. So, thank you, each one of you. For being there, for taking the time, for your encouragement. I am so thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment